Tuesday 10 May 2016

Be The Boss - Karen Steel

In what is our first female appointment, we're once again proving that we're ahead of the modern game (as if we hadn't proved our credentials with 'Tope at right back'). Karen Steel from sunny Hurlford has probably been to more Killie games in her time than most and if there is a game on home or away she will do her best to be there.

We've had quite a few from the Howard Arms SC this season, with varying success, and the schedule is full apart from the play-off games which we hoped to avoid... so if you want to be the Boss next season, just drop us a line and let us know - you may make the cut!



Play-offs it is then. I was going to stick with the same outfield team that started the Hamilton game as it was a great team performance, however after Saturday, I would make a couple of changes. For a game that meant so much I am disappointed at the way the game went, resorting to long balls. It's important to use the next two games to get some confidence back. It's not over yet.

GK: Jamie MacDonald
Easy pick this one. My Player of the Year. Our season could have been a lot worse if it wasn't for this guy and I think he would be the first name on the team sheet for most.

LB: Lee Hodson
With Smith out for the season and McHattie posted missing, Lee has done a decent job since moving to left back and doesn't look out of place. Not afraid to go forward either.

CB: Conrad Balatoni
Had a decent season so far.  He's had a few partners over the season but has paired up well with Addison since he's arrived. Must be due a goal.

CB: Miles Addison
Been a great addition to the squad. Good to have a big physical presence in defence. Talks those round about him through the whole game.

RB: Mark O'Hara
Another player, playing out of position. Not that you would know it on recent performances. Always gives 100%.

CM: Gary Dicker
Done well since arriving. Just the type of player we needed to add a bit of dig in midfield.  Reads the game well.

CM: Julien Faubert
Was close between picking Slater or Faubert here. I think Slater is a cracking player who I hope can get a contract sorted, which will probably depend if we stay up or not. Got loads of ability, and not bad at a free kick either but I have went for Faubert. I am hoping his experience can get us through what is a massive few weeks.

LM: Alex Henshall
I have picked Henshall only because I want to see what he can do. Got 8 minutes on Saturday but looks like he can give us some pace down the left wing.

CAM: Greg Kiltie
Glad he signed a new deal. I see he got the young player of the year award at the weekend, which is thoroughly deserved. Always looks confident going forward. I have put him in just behind Boyd. If anyone is going to pop up with a goal to get us out this mess, it's Greg.

RM: Josh Magennis
I think Josh has been one of our better players this season. I just hope he hasn't got one eye on the Euros cause he'll be an important player of us in the coming weeks.

ST: Kris Boyd
I'd always start with Boyd. Give him some decent service and I believe he still has goals in him.

See you in Dundee.

#KTID

No comments:

Post a Comment