Thursday 13 August 2015

Messi Knee

Chris 'Messi' Johnston has sadly suffered a cruciate knee ligament injury during training and he could be out of the team reckoning from between six to nine months.

The midfielder said: "It's going to be a hard time for however long it is, hopefully I can get back playing this season. I know I'll come back stronger and better. That's the most important thing.

Yesterday, I was trying to get back from my ankle injury and then I've done this. It is a horrible one to get at any time, but I just need to stay positive, do all the exercises, hopefully the operation goes well and get back as soon as I can.

If I beat myself up, it's just going to get worse, it's happened, I just need to get on with it and stay positive. It could have been worse...it could have happened when I'm near the end of my career and been unable to come back from it." 

We wish the wee man a speedy recovery and hope that he is fit again and available for selection before the end of the season.

Chris Johnston Squad Profile

No comments:

Post a Comment